HP Photosmart 5520 Printer offline is a common problem. We select the “Print” option when we need to print a document. Afterwards, we select a printer to use for printing.However, if there is no answer, the printer you selected must have gone offline. You’ll need to take a few steps to get it back online once it’s been offline.
The majority of the time, an instruction manual is included with the printer at the time of purchase, but even though printers are generally well-functioning, unexpected malfunctions might occur, preventing work from being completed as smoothly.
Causes of The HP Photosmart Printer Say its Offline:
- That might be because a connection channel between your Photosmart printer and your device was not established correctly (whether laptop, phone, tablet etc.)
- There could be issues with the printer’s inner workings and configuration. An offline state could be caused by a hardware or software fault.
- The printer may be malfunctioning due to an erroneous setup or system.
- This could potentially be due to a paper jam in the printing duct caused by a large number of documents becoming caught there.
Solution for HP Photosmart Printer offline:
- Check for installed driver
The device will not work if the printer driver is not installed. Connect your USB cable to your laptop or computer, and then connect the other end to the printer.
After that, go to the HP website and find your printer’s name and model, then download and install the driver for it. This should probably help with your device’s offline status.
- Go to “settings” and then “printers” to reinstall the drivers. After that, choose Printer.
- After looking for it under “General” and “Details,” select the Driver button. Select the driver once more.
- You may have to get the driver downloaded. It is available for download from the printer’s website.
- Install the printer again. Return to the “Settings” menu and pick the Printer under the “Printers” section.
- Delete the printer from the menu.
2. Clear the printer’s settings or any additional jobs that are waiting to be printed
When you go to the Control Panel, then Devices and Printers, you’ll need to click on it again to see the printing tasks that are now queued for the device. After that, click the ‘cancel document’ button to clear the task queue or alternately
- Right-click on the “Cancel” from the “view what’s printed” menu option. All print jobs will be cancelled.
- Select “Use Printer Online” once again after eliminating the print jobs.
3. Examine the connecting cords once more.
Start with the basics and inspect every single connecting wire, such as the printer wires, network cables, computer or laptop cables, USB cables, and so on. You might see if the cables themselves are in good working order and are properly attached.
- Make sure the USB cable is correctly inserted on both ends. Also, if the printer has a network, make sure the Ethernet wires are properly inserted. Check the internet connection and the printer’s connectivity to the router if your printer has a wireless connection.
- If you’re using a cable to connect your printer to your computer, try plugging it into different sockets.
- Double-check for the cable isn’t faulty by using a different cable.
4. Set the Printer to Online Manually
- Click the start button in the bottom left corner of your device.
- From the menu that will appear below, choose “Control Panel” and then “Devices and Printers”.
- After right-clicking on the printer in question, choose “See what’s printing”.
- A new window will pop up, select the “Printer” option.Choose “choose printer online” from the drop-down menu.
Source By – HP Photosmart 5520 Printer Offline